In order to groom your dog the best way that you can, you should have your equipment and tools in handy. If you want to groom him properly, you should have the needed tools to do things right, but don’t think that you need to spend heavily on the pet supplies you would buy. Besides, the best grooming tools can be purchased at affordable prices.
What Are The Grooming Tools You Need?
It depends on your dog’s breed in most cases, as each one is unique in terms of coat, size, height and weight, among other factors. Whatever your dog type is, here are some basic tools you will need:
- Brush. You can opt for an all-purpose slicker brush to work on most breed types. On the other hand, you may want to use a curry brush if he has short hair while a good pin brush will do if he has long single-layered coat.
- Comb. You can opt for a medium-toothed comb, which can work suitably for most breeds, but you can opt for a wide-toothed one if he has thick hair while a fine-toothed one if he has thin coat or hair. In addition, you may want to spend on a flea comb to work on dog tangles and removing fleas.
- Styptic powder and toenail clippers. You should buy him these tools to keep his nails maintained and trimmed. You should also buy him this powder to stop bleeding quickly in case you accidentally clipped too close your pet’s skin.
- Shampoo. Buy a pH-balanced type that is especially made for dogs. Don’t use human shampoo on your dog, as your hair needs is very different from his. In addition, you can get him a conditioner to maintain the glow and health of his coat. You may ask your vet for some good recommendations.
- Forceps, Otic solution and gauze. You will need these things to clean his ears; however, you should have yourself practiced on how to perform such tasks to avoid hurting his ears or causing him injuries.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste and oral hygiene kit. You should also not miss on the oral grooming kit of your dog, but only buy those especially designed for a pet and not use human products on him at all cost.
Other Tools You Need for Pet Grooming
- Clipper guards
- Sheers and scissors
- Grooming table
Where Do You Buy These Pet Grooming Supplies?
You should check out some reputable suppliers online to ensure that you will get the most of your spending while also getting the best quality products you would need to groom your pet. Do not buy from the first seller you bumped into but invest a considerable time in research when finding a good pet grooming supplies store in Singapore.